Comprehensive Guide on IRCTC Ticketing booking process. How to create new IRCTC account & book train tickets online. How To Book Train Tickets Online in IRCTC.
IRCTC avails its quality services on web and mobile apps. Train commuters can access the services without strain, regardless of the operating system. IRCTC (India, Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) has developed from manual ticketing services to e-ticket and online booking systems. This has significantly reduced congestion at the train stations or counters. Indian residents travelling across the country can view and book their favorite dates direct from the IRCTC account.
IRCTC, a subsidiary of Indian Railways, works under the Ministry of Railways. The Company has established simple digital ways to operate and provide great services. One can book flights, train tickets, meals, accommodation and other travel services through the IRCTC website. The website/app is called IRCTC Next Generation e-Ticketing System and is available on Android and IOS.
How to Book E-tickets on IRCTC
How to Create New IRCTC Account
Steps to create an IRCTC account
For train travel, meal booking, accommodation and flight services through IRCTC. The user must create an account using the steps below.
- Visit the IRCTC website portal https://www.irctc.co.in
- Open the homepage options and select the “Register” option.
- The page will display the registration form, and choose a suitable username, password and security questions.
- Next, select your preferred language to continue.
- Enter required details like name, gender, date of birth, occupation, mobile number, email ID, marital status and country
- Proceed and provide your residential details like address, city/town, state, block, etc.
- Enter the captcha text on the page and agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the checkbox.
- Review the details and press the “Register” button.
- The system will send a verification email to your registered email. The email will also contain login credentials.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the code to complete the verification process.
Available Services on the IRCTC Website/APP
Once registered, one can access the following services.
- Booking e-tickets.
- Cancelling e-tickets and counter ticket
- Viewing PNR status online
- Checking on live train running status
- Changing your point of boarding
- Train schedules
- NRI and tourist booking process.
- Special tourist trains, package flights, IRCTC hotels and more.
How To Book Train Tickets Online in IRCTC
Steps to book an e-ticket on the IRCTC portal
- Navigate to the IRCTC website link https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/
Open the login page and enter your username and password.
- Next, enter your source station, destination station, and date of journey and press the “find trains” tab.
The page will display a list of trains operating on the source and destination stations you entered.
- Select your preferred trains, quota and class you want.
Click the “check availability and fare” tab.
- Enter the number of seats you need, class and fare for the tickets you have selected.
Next, check the seat availability and press the “Book now” button.
- Enter passenger data like name, age, gender, berth preference, etc.
Choose any special options like a lower berth or preferred coach and more.
- Read the terms and conditions, click the checkbox to agree and proceed.
Enter a captcha code and click the “continue booking” option.
- Review the information and proceed to the payment section.
The user can pay using a credit card, internet banking, debit card, and e-wallets.
- The system will process the e-ticket/ERS with the user's booking details
IRCTC will also send the ticket on email ID and mobile number via SMS.
How to Get Train Booked Ticket History
step by step to Locate Booked Train Tickets on the IRCTC website
- Go to the official website.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Proceed to the “My Account” option > “My transactions” tab.
- The page will show booked ticket history under the “my transaction” section.
How to Change Boarding Station in IRCTC
Steps to change boarding point online
One can change their boarding location 24 hours before the scheduled time.
- Go to the IRCTC website page and enter your user ID and password to access the account.
- Next, press the “my account” > “My transactions” >booked tickets history” option to open booked tickets.
- Select the ticket you wish to change by clicking the “change the boarding point” button.
- Choose a new boarding from the boarding station list.
- Select and confirm the new points.
- Note you cannot reverse the request or book stations far from the original station.
- How much is the IRCTC registration process?
The registration process is free for locals and Rs.100 +GST for foreigners and NRIs.